Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Dresden Research Centre (DRC) is responsible for advancing technical research under the key areas of Smart Mobile, Telecom, Autonomous Driving, Internet of Things, and Industry 4.0. The research and development at DRC focuses on Operating Systems (OS), concurrent system software, and the interaction between software and modern hardware architectures. Topics of interest include microkernel and hypervisor development, formal verification of concurrent software, and innovative technologies for the Linux kernel. Many of the DRC results have been published at top tier conferences such as ASPLOS and SOSP.
As DRC is seeing a rapid growth, we are looking for researchers and engineers in one or more key areas mentioned above, to support the teams in continuing to deliver the best results for the company and outside. Positions are available for several experience levels (e.g., junior, senior).
 VSync by Oberhauser et al., ASPLOS’21, distinguished paper award:
 CLoF by Chehab et al., SOSP’21:
Now we are looking for an:
Operating System Kernel Engineer/Researcher (m/f/d)
- Contribute with your ideas, knowledge and problem-solving skills to the development of our microkernel-based operating system
- Explore, analyze and advance the state-of-the-art methods for improving performance, scalability and reliability of operating systems
- Integrate requirements of Huawei product teams into the DRC research roadmap, deliver prototypes and provide guidance in transferring research results into products
- Support the team in publishing the research results at top scientific venues
- Master's or PhD degree in computer science or in a related field
- Good understanding of operating system internals
- Fluency in C and/or Rust
- Practical skills with OS development
- Experience with microkernel-based operating systems, ARMv8 and knowledge of formal verification will be considered a plus
- Willingness to approach complex problems with creativity and consistency
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in multicultural and distributed teams
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What we offer
- Working on exciting future-oriented projects together with the team of highly skilled engineers and researchers
- Advanced trainings and personal development
- Very competitive remuneration package
Possible Work Locations
- Dresden (Germany)
- Munich (Germany)
If you are passionate about microkernels, enthusiastic about solving challenging problems of real systems and achieving technological breakthroughs, become part of our team.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.