Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
We are currently looking for a Senior Vulnerability Researcher (m/f/d) for our team in Munich. If your passion is finding vulnerabilities, analyzing software security, improving efficiency of security testing techniques and you easily come up with new ideas, then you might be a perfect fit to the following role:
- Research for Security Vulnerabilities in Huawei products to improve their level of security
- Develop your own tools and methodologies to archive this target
- Work with Fuzzers by implementing harness as well as descriptions; propose improvements in the fuzzing engine, analyze and triage crashes
- Successfully completed university degree
- Deep knowledge of system programming languages e.g C/C++, as well as good development skills in one further programming language such as Python, Rust, GoLang, Java etc.
- Solid background skills of Operating Systems Internals (Stack, Heap, Memory Allocators, Virtual Memory etc.) with focus on Mobile Operating Systems (e.g. Android)
- Experience in dealing with the following tools: IDA Pro, Ghidra, GDB, Frida, AFL++, Syzkaller, LibFuzzer, LibAFL
- Advance Knowledge of Security Vulnerabilities with the focus on Memory Corruptions (e.g. Heap/Stack Overflows, UAF, Type Confusion, Race Condition etc)
- In-depth knowledge in the field of security mitigations such as ASLR, DEP, CFI, SELinux etc.
- CVE, Blog Posts, CTF Competitions, GitHub Repository, Presentation at Conferences would be a good plus
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.