Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning.
The Huawei Power Conversion Technology Laboratory will play an important role in the Huawei Digital Power Business Unit in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV, AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies and Automotive Systems. As an employee you will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Expert Engineer in Power Semiconductor Packaging & Reliability (m/f/d)
- Act as a technical authority and expert lead on power semiconductor reliability, accountable for technical decisions and technical delivery on projects, working with technical experts in China and Germany.
- Possess research and innovative thinking, deliver cutting-edge technology, completely lead the competition, and can be reliably applied in ICT industry and automotive product.
- Key interface between Nuremberg Research Center Power Semiconductor packaging team and Huawei HQ, EU research centers in terms of Power Semiconductor Packaging and Reliability
- Make contribution on mass production module, such as Power Semiconductor Module for Automotive and Industry.
- Accountable for technical solutions, deliverables and risk management to meet long-term business goals.
- Defines technology based critical success factors, provides high-level direction and significant input to proposals.
- Take ownership over understanding client requirements and drivers and foresee technical challenges, successfully interacting with clients both technically and commercially.
- Lead the definition of technical solutions, system architectures and design solutions for power semiconductor reliability.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects on time and with high quality, robust system solutions and products ready for manufacture.
- Managing internal and external resources to meet the power semiconductor reliability design, build, test and manufacturing criteria.
- Drive progress confidently and competently, innovating and improving the company’s core technology and engineering processes.
- Lead the construction of the key power semiconductor reliability technology platform, including the design platform, simulation and other technical platforms, and provide necessary training for key personnel.
- Participate in the analysis and decision of the future technology direction of power semiconductor.
- Defines research and technical pre-development of power semiconductor reliability technical planning
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s University Degree in microelectronics and solid - state electronics or similar related field
- Profound working experience in power semiconductor industry
- Proven experience in the relevant standards and requirements for the power semiconductor industry
- Have successful experience in mass production power semiconductor design and have a deep understanding of the reliability design and failure analysis in Automotive and Industry
- Leading the team to complete the design of power semiconductor reliability, with rich experience in WBG power semiconductor devices and Si power devices
- Good teamwork ability and communication skills
- Very good English skills in written and spoken (working language)
- Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position
- Enjoy to work in cross-cultural teams and sometimes need to travel to China
- Microelectronics and solid - state electronics, Power electronics, doctoral degree is a plus
- Work experience of well-known semiconductor companies is a plus
- Successful experience in setting up innovative technical teams is a plus
- German language skills are a plus
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.