Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
In the Wireless Innovation Centre at our research site in Munich we focus on the research of key technologies for future mobile radio systems such as beyond 5G and 6G. The major focus of our research is on the design of system concepts for radio resource management and control for the radio access network (RAN), and in particular on the crossroads between wireless communications and machine learning. We strive to work with the best companies from many different industries such as automotive and manufacturing, and therefore we expect our candidate to tailor her/his research to the particular innovative scenarios that these and other verticals require.
Now we are looking for a:
Research Engineer for Radio Access Network(m/f/d)
The candidate will be able to make full use of his/her technical expertise and experience in the area of radio access network and contribute to the research and development activities in our organization. The area of work will consist in:
- Develop and improve network level solutions for communication systems beyond 5G and 6G, in particular, analyze and propose solutions for the vertical industries.
- Propose and identify research directions of next generation radio technologies.
- Participate and contribute to relevant standardization bodies including 3GPP.
- Actively participate in international and national funded research projects.
- Cooperate with partners from vertical industries.
- Contribute towards IPR generation.
- Contribute towards simulations and in-depth performance analysis.
- Master or Ph.D. (preferred) in Telecommunications or Wireless Communications.
- Good presentation and reporting skills.
- 2- 3 years’ in research activities in mobile communications networks or system engineering and development.
- Good Radio knowledge for physical layer (PHY).
- Extensive experience of radio procedures, protocols and RRM algorithms.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); German will be considered a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with team spirit, experience with Asian business culture will be considered a plus.
- Well-organized, independent working style with a hands-on, can-do attitude.
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.